Tuesday 29 January 2013

NOTD: Fearne Cotton Burnt Out

Today another nail polish from my Christmas haul is gracing my blog; this one is from the Fearne Cotton Perfectly Polished collection and is called Burnt Out. I haven't had time to try this one before, again, so this is a first look at it for me as well as probably you. Here goes...

It's a nice orangey red colour which goes on well, if not a little transparently but it is nothing that a couple of coats won't fix. The gold glitter in it is pretty and it reminds me of the red and gold Max Factor Flipstick (Gipsy Red)...
As you can probably tell, I struggled to get a decent photo of this! In normal light (on the right) it just looked like an average, mildly glittery orange and then the flash (left picture) made it look much more red and you could see a little more of the gold. In real life it is a slightly pearlescent colour between orange and red with much more gold than either of these pictures would make you think!
Over all I like the colour of this, it's definitely not a colour that I'd have chosen myself but after two coats it looks rich and I can't complain about the amount of glitter. It was a little runny in consistency though, so it needed plenty of time to dry because I tend to paint quite thickly. The brush was also rather long so I got a little messy (says more about my terrible painting skills, really) but they look quite good now, I think.

I'm wearing this to a house party later with plenty of possibilities for chipping so hopefully the colour will hold up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment and will always comment back either here or on your blog so look out for me if you do leave a message! x