Friday 1 February 2013

My Favourite: Mascara

Today I thought I'd write you a post about the single beauty product I'd choose if I were only allowed one for the rest of my life. Mascara. For the past year or two my favourite has been L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes; I'm currently using the Excess version but any of them will do me just fine.

My eye before mascara (picture is quite creepy!)
My eye after a quick application of L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess

 I think you can see a huge difference. I agree that the result is a little imperfect however I wanted to show what it looked like after an application which literally took less than ten seconds (reality) rather than an application where I had spent five minutes being picky and trying to get a perfect picture. I never notice any flaky bits around my eyes like with some other mascaras and it lasts for a fair amount of time compared to others.

I tell everyone who asks about this because I have tried so many mascaras, as most people have and I will always go back to this. I even use its brush to comb through my lashes if I do use a different mascara for whatever reason.

In other news, I have just ordered a fair bit of stuff from e.l.f. because they have a 48% offer so expect me to be talking about that here once it has arrived!



10 comments:

  1. wow, what a difference this makes! has similar effect to the Benefit - They're real but I would imagine it is much cheaper! great post!

    Beth, xx

    www.bethsmith22.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have never tried the benefit one but the L'oreal is around £8 cheaper so I think I'll stick with it! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow looks amazing! Must give this a try soon! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought it under your reccomendation and you know I adore it ;) I love posts that show the product, every time I try to take a picture of my eye I blink haha xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you... have to admit I must have looked a bit odd trying to hold the camera steady whilst looking at what I was taking on the screen in the mirror with my other eye. Interesting to say the least xx

      Delete
  4. This is my favourite mascara too - best all-rounder I've come across, and I've tried sooo many! Have you tried the Luminizer version? I have the one for green eyes and it really does add a little something extra!

    Natalie xo
    www.thatnatalielou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet but when I run out I might look for it, thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment and will always comment back either here or on your blog so look out for me if you do leave a message! x