Thursday 18 April 2013

MUA Mini Haul




This weekend I did the usual impulse purchasing of stuff, you know what we all do when we're bored... Luckily for my bank balance I just ordered a few bits from Superdrug/MUA (some how the first time I've ever bought something from that range!) and they came today :) I'll probably review most of this stuff "properly" soon but here are  my first impressions...

As you can see from the pictures I picked up the Undress Me Too Eye Palette for £4  which everyone raves about (better late than never lol) as I'm trying to throw away an older palette which is a bit dated so I only use a couple of colours out of it but I needed a decent replacement first and this seems to fit the bill. I'm quite interested to try the colour combination it suggests on the back as I always try out the "instructions" on eye palettes so I might do a post on that if I like it rather than just doing swatches because there are tonnes of those online (or perhaps I just need to get a life and stop reading the instructions on eye shadow haha).

I also bought the Pro-Brow Ultimate Eye Brow Kit for £3.50 as one of the things I used in the old palette that I'm throwing away was a brown powder for my brows so I needed to replace that too. On first impressions the brown colour in this kit seems a bit lighter than what I usually use and they don't do other shades so I'll have to see how it goes after a few tries to see if I like it (or just finally convince myself to buy Benefit's Brow Zings)!

I also picked up another lip tint/balm to add to my collection and first impressions of the MUA Power Pout (in Crazy in Love) are "meh"; it's very slippery to apply, a bit like it's melting so probably won't last long on my lips but the colour is good and quite intense and it's only £3 so again, I'll probably just have to try it a few times before I decide if I like it enough to buy another.

And lastly, I bought the Nail Constellation Pisces for £3 (and a cheap and cheerful £1 MUA Top Coat). The colours of these beads are lovely (turquoise, silver and a very pale pink) so I can't wait to try them to find out which colour polish they look best with.

Which MUA products would you recommend?  I imagine that I might be buying more!

14 comments:

  1. Lol, I always read eyeshadow instructions too... except for some reason they never work out so well on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to admit, I just tried them and first attempt looked like I'd been punched in the eye! I can see it being nice once I've had a few goes though :)

      Delete
  2. Love the things you bought :-)

    xx
    http://thelastbrokenroad.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen people talking about this eye palette and I might have to go find one for myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love MUA products. They're great for the price!
    Shame you're not too impressed with the Power Pout so far
    Hopefully you like it the more you try it :)

    Just found your blog and I'm now your 40th follower! :)

    http://prettypurchases.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a shame, I really love lip crayons so hopefully my opinion will change!
      Thanks for the follow! :) x

      Delete
  5. So fabulous products my dear!
    What about following each other through GFC and Bloglovin? Just let me know!
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment :) I'll take a look at your blog now x

      Delete
    2. Thank you baby!
      Followed back <3
      Keep in touch!
      Xxx

      Delete
  6. Thanks for commenting, will check out your blog now! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that palette! Lovely post :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment and will always comment back either here or on your blog so look out for me if you do leave a message! x